We were founded in 2009 by patent attorney, Robert Snoep, to offer our customers a service he thought was lacking in larger firms – a personal approach to IP advice with agreed costs and deliverables. Since then CreateIP has acquired an enviable reputation for providing intelligent and dependable advice on all matters related to IP. We don’t just think it. Others say so!
We operate from offices in Christchurch and Auckland, New Zealand but, rather than being desk-bound, we prefer to visit clients and get a better appreciation of their businesses. By working as your IP advisor, CreateIP can achieve far greater depth in your IP strategy than any external contractor. This is because we develop an intimate knowledge of your business objectives, technology, products, and people. Face-to-face contact also provides for a fast flow of information and avoids seemingly endless correspondence.
Some iconic Australasian companies rely on CreateIP to manage their global IP portfolios including:
- Comvita, NZX-listed marketer of natural health products and, via their licensee, medical devices;
- Donaghys Industries, manufacturer and distributor of rural, industrial, marine and aquaculture products;
- Phil and Teds, designer and exporter of award-winning juvenile products;
- AgResearch, NZ government-owned research agency focused on pastoral, agri-food and agri-technology sector value-chains;
- Citygreen, manufacturer and exporter of sustainable urban landscaping solutions;
- Holmes Solutions, inventor of Trublue™ auto belay device, licensed and sold globally; and
- Canterbury Scientific, one of the largest providers of HbA1c controls for diabetes monitoring.
We also work with international clients such as US-based roof rack manufacturer Yakima, advising on NZ and Australian IP law and managing its European IP matters.
CreateIP is a member of the Canterbury Employers Chamber of Commerce, as well as Export New Zealand.
CreateIP has been recognised for its sound IP advice and client service in various industry awards.